Monday, June 28, 2010

Free Pattern Sunday


I don't know about you but this hot weather makes me want to spend my days in front of a huge fan. And what better why to accommodate that but to knit. Or maybe that is just my excuse. Either why at least I'm knitting and trying to be cool. Sometimes the heat makes it hard for me to knit with wool and as I'm sure many of you experience this too, I thought it would be a perfect time to put up a pattern featuring a non wool yarn. This post's free pattern is a little mesh purse. Great for those hot nights when you just want to carry a few things.


Be Sweet Bamboo or Alchemy 'Silk Purse' 1 ball.
Size 6 16" circular needles and size dpns



CO 60 and join in the round, don't twist!
Knit 5 rounds
Next round: *K3, Yo, K2tog *, repeat *--* around
Next round: Purl

Round 1: *Yo, K2tog *, repeat *--* around
Round 2: Knit
Repeat rounds 1 and 2 for 5-6".

Purl 1 round.

Round 1: * K10, K2tog *, repeat *--* around
Round 2 and all even rounds: Knit
Round 3: *K9, K2tog *,
repeat *--* around
Round 5: *K8, Ktog *,
repeat *--* around
Round 7: *K7, K2tog *,
repeat *--* around
Round 9: *K6, K2tog *,
repeat *--* around Round 11: *K5, K2tog *, repeat *--* around Cut and pull yarn through the remaining stitches. Weave in ends. String ribbon through eyelets near top of pouch. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment